Thursday, June 5, 2008

The New AT&T

So this last month has been crazy as far as cell phones go. The first week of May I changed carriers from Verizon to Edge Wireless. I did this for two reasons: 1) I can get the same plan and the same "extras" with Edge/AT&T as I can with Verizon and its cheaper. And 2) uhh...the iPhone? Need I say more? Yes that's right. I have been converted to the other side. I am an Apple fanatic. And I blame Danny. But you know, you really have to look into it, because they have some awesome products that do some amazing things. Take the iPhone for example. If you call me, and I do not answer, it will go to my voicemail. No big deal right? Every phone does that. But then when I check my voicemail, I don't have to wait through all the menu crap and listen to the first message in order to be surprised who the second message is from. Nope, iPhone and AT&T have what is called "visual voicemail." When I go to my voicemail, it is like checking email. I can view all my messages at the same time, select which one I wish to listen to, no matter the order, and I can fast-forward or rewind the message as if it was a song on my ipod. Now is that cool or what? And that is just one of many awesome features of this phone. And it is so easy to use! So here's my plug for the day, check out Apple and all their cool technology and you just might be amazed.
So I am now an AT&T customer. For one month I was with Edge Wireless until the merger was complete and this week it is done. And I am happy. I like their service. It is better coverage than Verizon in my opinion, the plans are less money and you get more for your buck too. If you have any questions about the two services, add a comment and I would be happy to oblige. Toodles!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ben, sounds cool. We may have to look into a change, I think our contract is up soon. I am glad to find someone else with a blog!!!

Mickey said...

hey Ben I don't think I have thanked you for all the work you do to help your dad & I with al this itech stuff we really do appreciate you & take you for granted way to much. you are so patient and thoughtful and I just want you to know that I know it isn't always easy. thank you and thank you Holli for sharing ben.