Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One Step Forward


I am trying to open a business. It's a franchise, and requires money. And of course, I don't have it. But has that ever stopped me before? lol. So now for about five months I have been actively engaged in finding investors and people willing to take a chance on me. I have tried everything. And I mean everything. And with the market the way it is and people being extra cautious, it is just very difficult! Well, I had a big blow today and was about ready to throw in the towel. I mean, is it really worth all the stress? Luckily I have an awesome family and I have been encouraged by siblings, parents, and my amazing wife. And tomorrow is a new day right? Right! Well, I was thinking about the road blocks, detours, brick walls, and mountains in our life and it got me thinking back to my mission. I always seemed to get sent to an area where there was a problem. It was either with the members and their lack of trust in the missionaries, or branch presidents who don't report tithing, or elders who don't want to work, but always something. And those things never bothered me! I was always up for the challenge and excited to help change the mission and bring everyone closer to the Lord. So I got thinking, why would I walk away from a challenge now? I mean, I said from the get-go that finding the funding would be the easy part. So if I can't handle the mountain I'm climbing now, how in the world would I hand the ones to come?!? So I thank all of you who have encouraged me and told me not to give up. You are many and you know who you are. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, good luck on the continued search for financing! I hope the best for you! I'm sure it is frustrating, but I am impressed by your optimism. I think that you are great! Rachel

Mickey said...

Ben You made me cry. You are so amazing. Thank you for all that you teach me. Thank you for not giving up. I don't know why this has to be so hard. I am so proud of you.

Wildfire said...

See Ben, at least three people read your blog. That is most likely more than read mine! And why have I not heard of this blow yet?