Monday, April 28, 2008

I Quit My Job

Well, I finally did it. I have dreaded my job with Big Dog Satellite for roughly six months now, and I finally quit. I am not much of a quitter. I've been sticking it out for well over a month now but I had a run-in with my manager. He fired me, but then denied he fired me and instead just suspended my "van privileges." Well, I decided that it was time to let go and release the stress. So I no longer enter people's homes to install their satellite and internet systems. I actually enjoyed the work. It was nice to meet so many people and bring to them a service that they have been looking forward to. It's kind of like Christmas every time. And it was fun. But the management is just too much to bear. Often we as installer would have to re-sell the systems because the customer was such bad information. And our paychecks were never right, and there was always a lack of equipment in the office so oft times our jobs would have to be rescheduled. This only meant that we wouldn't get paid. When you only get paid for work you complete, it is hard to just accept that the management didn't have enough foresight to have equipment available. Oh well. Now I don't have to worry about it! It definitely feels good! Just thought I would tell the world!

No comments: